Monday, December 7, 2015

Offensive Support

This weekend I finished off some projects that had been on the back burner for the last couple of months. The first project was finishing off a pair of scratch-built US 4.2" mortars for Mr K. I used some mortar parts from a Battlefront M-113 sprue and some Esci sand bags to quickly bodge up something that roughly looks the part. I then neglected to paint them for around three months!

Foreground: US 4.2" Mortars. Background: 81mm Mortars.

The same as the picture above.
 The three 81mm Mortar teams are to go with the support weapons in my previous post. They are Pegasus WW2 Germans that has been crudely modified using a scalpel and liquid green stuff, and then given a rough paint conversion.

Crude but possibly effective.
Since there has been a trend towards having heavier mortars, I also converted some of the Pegasus WW2 German  120mm mortars and crew using the same methods.

120mm Mortars. A useful piece of indirect fire support.
The last piece of offensive support I finished off were four more 105mm Light Guns. Three of these are intended to replace the scratch built guns I made here. The forth gun will also replace one that had the barrel at a high angle and has been broken and repaired a couple of times this year.

105mm guns, made from the Airfix/JB Models kit.

A different view of the above.
 So all in all, a rather nice collection of offensive support elements!

A collection of mortars.

4 comments:

  1. I'm getting myself confused. I was going to hit the 'Like' button... Nice, effective equipments, Brian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ion,
      I'm going to finish off some air defense systems next.

      Delete
  2. You have been busy Brian. Nicely done on all items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul,
      Painting and making stuff is easy, finding the time to make blog posts is a little more difficult!

      Delete