Sunday 12 January 2020

OPFOR Update

Since I figured I was due for another blog update, and I haven't quite sorted out what I was intending to post - I thought that a simple update post showing a couple of recently completed items that are linked by a common theme would be an appropriate filler post.

3d Printed BRDM-2 Us
 First up are two 3d printed BRDM-2Us that I purchased from a seller on Ebay that offers some more unusual vehicle types for sale. While the printing is not of the finest quality, it does produce once painted a reasonable result.

The model itself doesn't the usual upper hull details and additional hatches that are associated with the BRDM-2U, but it will do for now.



Shellhole Scenics Russian Female Radio Operator
 I had purchased some figures from Shellhole Scenics some time ago and decided to start painting a few of them up at the same time I was painting up some other Soviet and Russian figures. This is the radio operator from one of their command packs that also includes a boy runner, a nurse, and a regional commander.

A pair of S and S Models ZPU 23/2 AA guns
One of these guns I had painted up a year or more ago, while the other was only complete in the last couple of months. Currently they don't seem to be on the S and S models website, but I'm sure that an email tro them would quickly determine if they will be available in the future.

8 comments:

  1. Excellent work.
    Must get a hold of one of those radio operators.
    What modern rules will you be using for games?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:)
      I use Command Decision for my moderns games.

      Delete
  2. Cool stuff. Cool to see the 3D printed stuff. Makes me want to print out more things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gowan - 3D printing has opened up lots of possibilities for gamers. What have you printed so far?

      Delete
    2. So far I have only printed one T-92 Light tank but there's other's out there I am thinking of making. We have 3D printers at home so it's reasonably easy to set one up to print something. Whether it is successful is another matter.

      Delete
    3. That's pretty cool! From what I have seen there is certainly plenty of free, or very cheap, files of vehicles and terrain available for every period. I imagine you are spoiled for choice!

      Delete
  3. Those guns would go nicely in the back of a 'technical' too!

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hugh:)

      Yes they would! If I get more, I might have to put one in the back of a technical!!

      Delete