Saturday 21 April 2012

Finished Flakpanzer.

 So here a few pictures to show off the finished Wirbelwind. It was given the usual paint job for my Late War Germans, and seems to blend in quite well.
The rebuild Wibelwind next to a Mobelwagen, and a T-34/76.

Looks ok here, even better at three plus feet....

Just the thing to deal to Jabos! Oh wait... shouldn't that be Fat Herman's job?
Esci T-34/76 kit repainted as a German vehicle. Still have to put on the large national markings to show new ownership.

 And as I go through another box, I discover another Eidai Mk IV hull needing work....
The paint seems thicker on this one, and more of the tools have been hacked off.

Yay! the muffler/exhaust thingy is there - but it's upside down...
I'm hoping to find a suitable subject to rebuild this kit into, as I suspect that it was also a bad conversion of a Brumbar. I'm tempted to make another Mobelwagen if I can find a suitable 37mm gun, but the sides will be interesting to make well. In the mean time a soak in Simple Green will do it some good, or I could use it as a testbed for other methods.

8 comments:

  1. Good work Brian and a good find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment I am working through my acquisition of two wargamers holdings of 20mm WW2. Some of it is in fantastic condition, but some is a little less flash. still, I am having fun, and am able to start getting various forces ready for running some big games.

      Delete
  2. I agree with paul. your work is always good. alot of posts today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gowan, Yes, I am posting a bit today in order to get rid of the backlog of photos from the previous two weeks worth of building model kits and avoiding anything that might be viewed as work.

      Delete
    2. ahh I should proberly do the same but I have mostly been working on the project so not alot of completed work

      Delete
  3. Fat Hermann can look to preserving German industry from the bomber streams. The Wehrmacht don't need Fat Hermann one bit. Not any more! Not with such splendid vehicles as these!

    But really Brian: how did you get those vehicles to levitate??
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to relook at the photos when I read your comment! the buggers do look like they are floating! And here I thought I was being clever taking photos on top of the freezer!

      Delete
    2. I didn't notice it at first either, and it is true the white background brings out the colours very well, but when I glanced again at the small picture on the dashboard screen (about to move on to something else), I was struck by the appearance of vehicles suspended above the white surface. Just had to go back for a closer look, din' I?

      Delete